June 9, 2008

McCain Watch #4: Less jobs, more wars

1. McCain called his wife a trollop and a cunt. Sixteen years ago, but yowzah. In front of reporters and everything, because she teased him about his thinning hair. Actual quote: "At least I don't plaster on the make-up like a trollop, you cunt." Hello, impulse control. You can read about it, apparently, in The Real McCain.

2. Speaking of the same pun, please watch the video below, from The REAL John McCain: Less Jobs, More Wars. This is what I meant when I said the anti-McCain ads practically write themselves.



Then you can watch the second one:


My favorite part is at the end, right before he starts falling over his own feet talking about the tax cuts, where he says he thinks the US is better off than we were 8 years ago and then says we aren't. Please watch them both. It's worth 6 minutes and 4 seconds of your life.

2 comments:

ivoted said...

Oh. My. God. That cunt thing really irks me. It reminds me of my alcoholic uncle. Damn.

Anonymous said...

Cunt was uncalled for. Trollop I find endearing. I think I told you this in DM, but to my mind anyone who uses the word trollop either is a Shakespeare junkie or secretly used to challenge her/his fellow midshipmen to foam-sword duels as part of the U.S. Naval Academy branch of the SCA.

Now there's the real story waiting to be exposed. McCain: Maverick or Unrepentant Geek?

PS - did you see who won the World Food Prize this year?